Monday, June 18, 2007

Home for a Minute

Hi again
We came dragging into the house last night about 7 o'clock. We're not here to stay, by any means. We're all four having fun with our great big picnic. We just stopped by to check our mail, take care of a little business, and do some laundry. While I'm at it, I think I'll toss Ally in the tub. She's getting a little on the doggy stink side. I'd rather not climb back into the truck with her in her present state. We'll probably leave in the morning, headed for Indiana to pick up another load. I'd sure like to go back up into the northwest. I love it up there. It's so pretty. Well, except for that one stretch of highway Bill got us on where all you could see were great big mounds of dirt for hours and hours and hours. And there were no rest stops, either. Every 3 hours I was asking where was the next bathroom. We finally found one rest stop just in the nick of time, and Bill walked Ally while I went into the can. Boy howdy, let me tell you, I came out of that thing with fire (not smoke) blazing from ears, nose, and mouth. It was nothing but a rotton, stinking outhouse. Bill almost died over that one. I came stumbling out of that thing with some excellent advice for him. I'll bet he won't take that road again. I just had one question for him. I couldn't help but ask him if he knew what I would do to him if he ever did that to me again. I think we're clear on the subject of isolated highways.
Got some packing to do.
Francie, Bill, Sammie Sue, and Ally Oops

2 comments:

Francieann said...

Just checking to see if my comments are showing up.

earline said...

Hello: A test to see if you get my comment. Hope you got it fixed.
EArline