Hi
I told you I'd be back. Well, here I am. We had a wonderful time at Sister's house in Salem, Oregon, but like they say, "All good things must come to an end." Try as I might, I couldn't seem to justify staying there and sending Bill out into the trucking wilderness all by himself. We're in Medford, Oregon tonight, hauling a travel trailer. We'll be delivering it tomorrow in Sacramento, California. And guess what! We have a daughter and a grandson we'll be able to see at that stop. Boy, talk about perks. This job has the perks. So I guess you could say I'm riding from perk to perk.
Sister and I went shopping yesterday and had a great time. She has decided to re-decorate her living room. We had all sorts of plans drawn up as possibilities. Our only mistake was in letting her other half in on the plan but leaving him at home while we went to do the shopping. I could tell he was really nervous about turning the two of us loose on a whole town that was just ripe for our little adventure. I could almost see dollar signs flying past his eyes every time one of us said something about which plan we thought we might want to go with. I'm surprised he didn't have a nervous breakdown by the time we got home. To make a long story short, we were gone for several hours. He needn't have sweated the small stuff. We got home with 2 pillows, and we lucked out and found those on sale. Beware, Bob, there's always the next time I'm in Salem. You might not be so lucky the next time. (He probably thinks we bought more and hid it in the garage, with the intent of sneaking it in the house one piece at a time.) I learned that trick from my mother many years ago. Who could blame him for being a little suspicious, tho? Several hours and only 2 pillows later we went dragging into the house. Even I have to say that is a little hard to believe.
It's time to go to bed and get ready for another day.
Good night, everybody
Francie, Bill, Sammie Sue, and Ally Oops
PS Earline, I'm getting your comments, but I can't seem to find your blog spot. Send it to me again. I must have written it down wrong. I can't wait to see your new paint.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
All I have to say for your several hour shopping spree and 2 stinkin' pillows is......did I not teach you better???? You need a "do over".
Glad to hear you had fun though. Zack is here with me. He says, "I LOVE YOU". By the way, his hair has almost grown back into a nice neat buzz look. (Started out a mohawk until he thought better of that going on vacation to a foreign country.)
Stay safe, and we will talk to you later.
Lisa
Loved you description of your shopping trip. Reminds me of Winona and I some days. I go out so seldom anymore, that those days are far and few between these days are here.
Winona took Quest to the spa yesterday for a haircut, and while she was in town she went to
Walmart Dropped her phone in the middle of the floor and broke it in half. Had to go get a new one, but still has the same numaber.
The rest of us are OK.
Later
Sis
PS: I forgot to send my blog address:
retiredhappy-earline.blogspot.com
Post a Comment