Sunday, June 24, 2007

missed ya

Hi
We spent last night in Laramie, but after fighting the road all day all I could think about was putting my head on my trusty little pillow and going to sleep. I wish I could say that was the end of a good story, but if I said that I'd be lying like a rug. The other three stooges settled down for the night without a problem, while I was busy coping with leg cramps....ALL NIGHT LONG. See if you can get a mental picture of this...There's not an inch of empty space anywhere in this truck when we get our beds made down, and there I am in the middle of it all throwing things right and left, trying to find a place to stand up so I can hopefully work the cramps out of my leg...3 times. I was about half mad at the rest of them because they were sawing logs while I was trying to keep from screaming and crying. All that kept me from getting out of the truck so I could stand up and work the cramps out was there were people parked all around us, and I was stripped down to my panties and nightshirt. What a sight that would've been. I thought morning would never get here, but it finally did. I was mad at the rest of them because they weren't awake to sympathize with me, but I didn't hurt anyone. I was just a little cranky, that's all. I overcame it all when we got into Wyoming today. I got busy watching all the pretty little antelope and the beautiful countryside and forgot about everything else.
We're in Utah now, almost in Idaho. We'll probably be in Oregon to drop off the trailer we're hauling by sometime tomorrow.
Bye for now.
Francie, Bill, Sammie Sue, and Ally Oops

2 comments:

earline said...

Glad you are creeping up on Oregon again. It will be nice to see Mama and Sister. Hope you get to sleep in a real bed again.
Winona and Dan went to the store and the dogs and bird bark like crazy every time they hear a noise.
Silly animals. We are still enjoying the deck. Little Girl and I go for a ride neary every day in the cadillac.
She is at the back door barking like she does when someone she knows is here.
Later
Sis

Unknown said...

Francine - this is Jean - just now learned how to comment on your blog
stories - I did flunk Dummy 101 on computers! I have read all your comments and they are so good - very commical. Things are going good at church but guess what - when you get back, we will be in a new church service!!! That is, we will be, and if you want a traditional,rather than our contemporary services, we are starting a 9 a.m. with OUR old church songs, with dismissal by 9:50. Let me know if you like that idea. We sure do. Write more later.