Monday, June 25, 2007

beautiful country

Hi, everybody
We've been through some beautiful country today. The highlight of the day was a herd of elk (12 to 15) that were grazing close to the highway. We were in the Umatilla Indian Reservation. This must have been a good year for vegetation because they were all fat and sassy. It was great to have a close up look at them. We're coming into Portland right now, which means we'll be at sister's tonight. Goody, goody...I'll have a real bed to sleep in tonight. I can hardly wait.
Jean...I was just tickled to death to hear from you, especially with your good news about Victory Temple Church. Tell Pastor Gary I said, "Go, Gary, go!" For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about --- about 2 years ago Victory Temple Church went to contemporary music in our worship services, which left a bunch of us old heads sitting there looking around and wondering what world we had walked into. I think we may have successfully proved that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. For my part, I actually bought a contemporary songbook. I thought (imagine that) if I just studied it a little bit that I would get the hang of it. To make a long story short, that book knocked my hat in the creek. I know less now than I did before I started. Anyway, bless his heart, Pastor Gary must've felt sorry for us and announced that we'll be having 2 Sunday morning worship services--one traditional and one contemporary. Praise God for good pastors. (He probably got tired of looking at all the confused faces every Sunday.)
You may not hear from me for a couple of days, but I WILL BE BACK.
Francie, Bill, Sammie Sue, and Ally Oops

1 comment:

earline said...

hi: glad you are finally out of all the rain, breaking air cond. and all that stuff. Hope you are taking pictures. Would like to see those elk.
We are all still OK. Dan will take a week vacation for their anniversary and spend it painting the inside of the house. (31 Years). Do you suppose the honeymoon is over? Bet not. Thank God for a good man and woman that can stay together and be happy all those years.
All four of you be sure to have a good night's sleep in the real bed and answer some of my blogs.
Love
Sis