Monday, July 23, 2007

I Missed a Party

Hello out there
The thing I feared the most has come upon me---I actually missed a party. And the worst thing about it was, it was my own cotton pickin' fault. Bill was home for a couple of days, and Saturday he left without me --- again. So I threw the biggest party you've ever seen. Okay, so forget the fact that it was a pity party. It was one heck of a party, tho. when I do something, I do it up with all the trimmings. The dog and cat participated to some extent, but they weren't really much help. For the most part, they just sat beside me wondering what I was making so much noise about. Anyway, the party I missed was a 50th wedding anniversary party. I probably could have learned a lot if only I'd been there. After all, it's not every day you see a couple that have been married for 50 years and are still standing. And they're not only both still standing, but they're still speaking to each other. I only made it to 28 on my first go around, and I was not still standing when it was over with, either. Talk about getting your hat knocked in the creek...well, I went flying in with the hat and almost drowned. It only took me a few years to come to the realization that I was, indeed, still alive. The good news is, next month Bill and I will celebrate our 15th anniversary. Even though I tease him unmercifully, I actually think I got it right this time. He's a keeper --- that is if I could just keep him off the road. In the meantime, I dare not miss anymore parties. After all, it's important to keep busy. There's another one coming up this Saturday. It's my high school band reunion party. That ought to give Bill something to occupy his mind while he's on the road. (I wonder how many nervous breakdowns a person can survive in a lifetime.) Well, maybe he won't have another nervous breakdown. Maybe he'll just have a pity party.
Francie, Bill, Sammie Sue, and Ally Oops

2 comments:

earline said...

Just read about your pity-party. Sorry I missed yours. You should have come to my house and joined me for my party and we would have had a better time crying together.
Sure enjoyed our lunch today. Went to bed as soon as we got home and stayed there. It is 2:05 AM now and I probably won't sleep any tonight. Oh Well. That is getting to be my schedule lately.
We will try to come and spend the afternoon with you one day, and you do the same.
Love
Earline

Anonymous said...

Your Blog was very interesting to me. i’ll thnx you a lot for posting this interesting information.
Happy Wheels