Thursday, July 19, 2007

Elephants on the Porch

Hi, friends
Bill finally decided to come home for a day or two, probably to beg me to lay off the home alone series I've been posting at his expense. I think he's about to decide it's both safer and wiser for him to keep me and the girls close to him so he can keep us --- or him --- out of trouble. He never knows what I'm going to take it into my head to write about him until it's too late. By the time he reads it with the rest of you he's "done been had", and there's not a thing he can do about it except hope everybody realizes that I have a way with words. Well, it's too late for him to put us back in the truck, too. I've decided I'm having more fun writing these snippets and going to parties than traveling in the truck, anyway. And that's another thing---he's never quite sure how I'm filling up my "alone" time while he's out tripping around the country. I can find all sorts of fun things to get into just running up and down Rogers avenue. And I'm not even alone in the evenings, either. There's lots of company on my front porch when I put Ally out to do her thing before we go to bed at night. I've got lumps all over my bod from the huge mosquitoes that have chosen my house for their nightly get-to-gethers. Talk about a party. Wow! They're as big as elephants. Ally's like Bill---she's afraid of the dark, so she thinks I am supposed to go out with her. Well, she's on her own from now on. I don't like elephants. I can find better party animals to hang out with.
Francie, Bill, Sammie Sue, and Ally Oops

1 comment:

earline said...

Ann: I sent you a comment yesterday, but something happened. It said that it was saved and would appear in a few minutes. It never appeared.
Poor Bill. It is a good thing he is easygoing, (Most of the time). I know exactly what you mean about elephants. Every time our dogs go in or out they bring them in with them. Keep writing. I love your way with words.
Love,
Earline